What is Amazon Web Services (AWS) ?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a cloud service from Amazon, which provides services in the form of building blocks, these building blocks can be used to create and deploy any type of application in the cloud.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a broad set of global compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services that help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale applications.
AWS launched in 2006 and AWS is provided by cloud solution concept pioneer Amazon Inc. Amazon’s internal IT resource management built AWS, which expanded and grew into an innovative and cost-effective cloud solution provider.
AWS services include:
- Amazon Elastic Computer Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 are the two core Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) services, which are used by cloud application solution developers worldwide.